Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seminary Wife Reporting for Duty

Adrian has officially started seminary. And since it's seminary, it took about 3 seconds to have massive amounts of homework and reading assigned. Somehow, that little fact didn't quiiite compute in my mind last week, so when Adrian came home from his first day of classes, I was excited to celebrate, talk about them, hang out, and he was freaked out and ready to study all night. Needless to say, that night didn't go so well.

But now, Adrian is at his fourth day of classes, and I've got a couple things I've realized I need to figure out for the these next couple of years. 1) How to entertain myself, and 2) How to get Adrian to remember his lunch.

Starting with number 2 first: I opened the fridge this morning and for the third time, found Adrian lunch sitting in the fridge exactly where I put it after packing it the night before. I find this somewhat hilarious, since Adrian has been packing and taking his lunch for months to work, but somehow the switch to a school has made him like food is unnecessary. This is a very interesting situation, folks, and I'm quite confuzzled by it.

Back to number 1: I work from home, so my days have already been spent almost entirely by myself. I wake up, I walk, I read, I work, I take care of the house, run errands, make dinner, wait for my husband to come home. But now, while we get some time together when he comes home, he then needs to study for a while and I don't have much interest in spending more time alone. So... I'm trying to figure that situation out. So far, someone has kindly suggested I use that time in the evenings to talk to people on the phone and catch up on correspondence, which I somehow had not thought of and was a welcome idea. Any more? I feel like I'm going to have a lot of time to myself these days... of course, you're always welcome to keep me company :)

Balloon above our driveway yesterday morning.

1 comment: