Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Life Today

I've decided I'm a horrible blogger when it comes to writing about my life. I just don't find it all that interesting. But, I also recognize that part of the reason I started this thing was so I could keep people (somewhat) updated on my life. So, here's a little snapshot of my life today.

I'm sitting on my couch in my PJ's right now, having just finished drinking English Breakfast tea with honey and reading my Bible. I'm almost done with Galatians, which has coincided perfectly with our church Bible studies on grace. We've been talking about the way we live under both God's law and the laws we make for ourselves (or think society makes for us) and are constantly condemned. Last time we talked about the glory of justification and how it really does free us each day from our bondage and fear and guilt.

Sadly, Adrian won't be able to go to Bible study tonight because he is in crazy paper writing mode. He already wrote the majority of one paper this semester, and is halfway done with the second one right now, but he has to finish them both up by Friday. So, I am doing my own thing this week. Last night I got a free movie from redbox and cuddled up in bed eating popcorn. Not exactly the most supportive or productive I could have been, but I quite enjoyed it. Plus, it kept me out of the way and Adrian got through 3 pages. (Side note: I watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, and I liked it. But then again, I love Steve Carell. I watch things just because he's in them. Anyways, I thought this had kind of a Dan in Real Life feel, though a bit darker, since, obviously, the world is about to be blown into oblivion.)

I finished my book yesterday morning, which is also partly what led me to my popcorn eating, bed cuddling, movie night. I feel a little crazy when I don't have a book with a strange bookmark in the middle of it because I've been reading it in strange places and at strange times, dying to know where it's going. My latest venture was A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle, and it was so lovely I immediately reserved the sequel at my library. Hopefully I'll make it there today. If you want to read about France, lovely and strange French food, and all sorts of  strange and wonderful French people, I completely recommend the book. It was interesting, charming, and often hilarious. It reminded me of a book I read a while ago by Jack Smith....I think it was called God and Mr. Gomez, unless he wrote other books about the same process of building a house in Mexico. That was hilarious also.

Well, I have to start work here in a few minutes. I'm working on the Christmas newsletter this week, so I'm quite busy, but I'm enjoying it more than usual :) Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment