Monday, April 30, 2012

Book Club...need I say more?

See this book? This is a book of lovely. This is a book that reminded me why I love to read. Why I get totally absorbed in a book and don't notice the time. Why characters often feel like my friends.

I'm sorry, I'm a book nerd!

This past Friday was the last book club I'll be able to attend while living in Riverside (we'll see if I'm able to make the trek at any point from Temecula), so I thought I'd share a little bit about this club that has been such a blessing to me these last 9 months.

You know when you move somewhere super random like Riverside, CA and don't know anyone? Well, that's what happened to me when I got married. Thankfully, some ladies from the church I attended in college -- just 20 min down the road -- opened their arms to me and invited me to their weekly Bible study and their monthly book club.

I remember the first book club I showed up at...I really didn't know what to expect. I had only read about half the book (if you get time to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns, it was one of the best books I've read), had gotten lost, and was feeling a little flustered. Later that night I told Adrian I wouldn't miss another one.

It's a haven for the book lover.

Imagine - a Friday night after a long week. Appetizers. Desserts. Wine. Pink drinks. A wonderful book to argue about. Everyone excited to talk about their favorite part.

It's kind of awesome.

I'm so thankful for this grace-gift of a book club.


No comments:

Post a Comment